#BATHKIDSLITFEST FULL, FABULOUS LINE UP ANNOUNCED TODAY
THE 9th TELEGRAPH BATH CHILDREN’S LITERATURE FESTIVAL
Friday 25 September – Sunday 4 October 2015
THE LARGEST DEDICATED CHILDREN’S LITERATURE FESTIVAL IN THE UK TEN DAYS and OVER 120 EVENTS FEATURING THE BIGGEST NAMES IN CHILDREN’S LITERATURE
Julia Donaldson, Cressida Cowell, Jacqueline Wilson, Michael Rosen, Judith Kerr, Francesca Simon, Axel Scheffler, Frank Cottrell Boyce, Floella Benjamin, Julian Clary, Helen Skelton, Sam & Mark, Andy Day and new Waterstones 2015-2017 Children’s Laureate Chris Riddell
The Telegraph Bath Children’s Literature Festival, the largest dedicated children’s book festival in the UK, is now in its 9th spectacular year. This is a festival bursting at the seams with vibrant activity for children of all ages, their families and friends.
Original founders of the festival, JOHN AND GILL MCLAY are back as Artistic Directors with a world-class line up to thrill book lovers from pre-school to teen and beyond. They say:
‘We are delighted to be returning as Artistic Directors of the Bath Children’s Literature Festival with our best line-up since our first festival 8 years ago. We’ve had a lot of fun putting this jam-packed schedule of events together with the biggest names, the best authors and the most brilliant illustrators. We hope our ever-increasing family audience enjoys their visit to Bath and will be back for our 10th Anniversary in 2016’.
CHILDREN’S LITERATURE FESTIVAL: 2015
THE BEST AUTHORS WRITING FOR YOUNG PEOPLE AND TEENS
- The UK’s best selling author, former Children’s Laureate and festival favourite JULIA DONALDSON returns to Bath with illustrator LYDIA MONKS to reveal What the Ladybird Heard Next.
- Bath born DAME JACQUELINE WILSON with a sneak preview of her new book Little Stars, the fifth title about Victorian foundling, Hetty Feather: now a CBBC series.
- CRESSIDA COWELL and the latest in her massively successful series How To Train Your Dragon.
- Together for the first time, renowned poet, performer, broadcaster and scriptwriter MICHAEL ROSEN and newly appointed Children’s Laureate and creator of Goth Girl CHRIS RIDDELL, with their new Poetry Collection, A Great Big Cuddle.
- FRANCESCA SIMON with her last ever Horrid Henry
Plus: Screen writer and novelist Frank Cottrell Boyce; The Boy in Striped Pyjamas author John Boyne, Horror heavyweights Darren Shan and Charlie Higson; Teen author Patrick Ness; performance poet, comedian, musician and songwriter John Hegley… and many, many more.
CLF 2015: THE BEST ILLUSTRATORS
- Illustrator, author and political cartoonist and the new Waterstones Children’s Laureate 2015-2017 CHRIS RIDDELL
- This year’s cover artist BEN CORT, illustrator of the best selling picture book Aliens Love Underpants and
- The legendary JUDITH KERR Creator of classic picture books including The Tiger who came to Tea, who will discuss her life’s work and new book, Mr Cleghorn’s Seal with JULIA ECCLESHARE.
- Award-winning Gruffalo artist AXEL SCHEFFLER
- Much loved author and illustrator HELEN OXENBURY (We’re Going on A Bear Hunt)
- MICHAEL FOREMAN regular collaborator with Michael Morpurgo and Terry Jones
- Horrible Histories’ MARTIN BROWN
- Award winning illustrator and creator of Dirty Bertie DAVID ROBERTS …and many, many more.
CLF2015: THE BEST EVER LINE UP OF TV AND INTERNET NAMES WRITING FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS
- Internet phenomenon, vlogger and author JOE SUGG .
- Comedian and novelist JULIAN CLARY who will introduce his fabulous new book, The Bolds, with illustrations by DAVID ROBERTS.
- Author, television presenter, politician and advocate for young people FLOELLA BENJAMIN will be talking about the 20th anniversary of her book Coming to England .
- SAM NIXON and MARK RHODES –CBBC presenters Sam and Mark.
- ANDY DAY CBEEBIES Wildlife and animals specialist.
- CBEEBIES presenter CERRIE BURNELL.
- Ex Blue Peter adventurer HELEN SKELTON
- MARK GATISS Dr Who script writer and creator of Sherlock
- Comedians ARABELLA WEIR and DAVID BADDIEL and many, many more.
CLF 2015: FAMILY FAVOURITES AND ALL THE BIGGEST BRANDS
HARRY POTTER; WIMPY KID; STAR WARS; PEPPA PIG; THE HUNGER GAMES; SHAUN THE SHEEP; PETER RABBIT;
THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE; HORRIBLE HISTORIES and TOPSY AND TIM.
Celebrating 150th Anniversary of Alice in Wonderland.
This year’s KIDS BIG BATH READ will be Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland, which celebrates its 150th anniversary in 2015. The festival is sprinkled with Alice-themed events:
- A series of creative summer workshops,
- Dreams, darkness, white rabbits and Mad Hatters : CATHY CASSIDY introduces her own modern day version of Lewis Carroll’s classic.
- A Special anniversary event: ILLUSTRATING ALICE IN WONDERLAND
Three award winning artists: MICHAEL FOREMAN, GRAHAME BAKER-SMITH and HELEN OXENBURY, who have all illustrated modern editions of Alice in Wonderland, tell how they decided to draw Alice’s wonderful world.
- ALICE IN WONDERLAND STORY TELLING for all ages from pre-school to teens.
With a full school’s programme, workshops and master classes on everything from Shaun the Sheep model making to writing film scripts and creating cartoons; panel events and debates; storytelling sessions for pre school children and BATH PICKS, a brand new initiative to introduce the brightest new talent in the children’s book world, The Telegraph Bath Children’s Literature Festival 2015 is the biggest and the best it’s ever been.
Cover illustration by BEN CORT and other images available on request.
The full programme is available to view online www.bathfestivals.org.uk
BECOME A FRIEND: BENEFIT FROM PRIORITY BOOKING AND TICKET DEALS
Call 01225 462231 or contact email@example.com
Friends booking from 26 June
General booking from 6 July
The Telegraph Bath Children’s Literature Festival runs from Friday 25 September – Sunday 4 October 2015. Ticket prices range from £3 – £14.