Bath Festivals is keen to promote equality of opportunity for people with disabilities and to take the necessary steps to meet their requirements.
This guide is designed to inform everybody who comes to a Bath Festivals event what we can offer customers who may have particular requirements.
To download a PDF version of this guide please click here.
To download a Word document version of this guide please click here.
For further information on Accessibility for the Finale Weekend, please click here
Please contact our Access Officer Hazel Plowman by phone 01225 614180 if you have any questions regarding this guide or accessibility at Bath Festivals’ events.
Bath Festivals use a range of venues across the city. For individual venue information please click here.
How To Book
By telephone 01225 463362. We do not have mini-com or text-phone.
Online at www.thebathfestival.org.uk
By post to Bath Box Office, Bath Visitor Information Centre, Bridgewater House, 2 Terrace Walk, Bath, BA1 1LN. Cheques should be made payable to Bath Box Office.
In person at Bath Box Office (address above).
For disabled people who need to bring a personal assistant we offer one free ticket per event.
If you require a wheelchair space or a specific seat to accommodate your needs please request this at time of booking you can do this by calling Bath Box Office on 01225 463362 or online using the below instructions:
Access Booking Online
Customers with accessibility requirements are now able to book Wheelchair and Personal Assistant
tickets online via Bath Box Office. To enable this, you’ll need to update your Access Requirements under the ‘Other Preferences’ menu
in ‘My Account’. If you require a Personal Assistant ticket, this will be discounted to £0 when added into the basket
with an appropriate ticket as instructed below.
To allow access booking online:
1) Visit www.thebathfestival.org.uk
2) Log in to “My Account”
3) Select “Other Preferences”
4) Scroll to the bottom of the list where you will find Accessibility Requirements and tick the
relevant accessibility requirements to you
5) Click save
To book for a reserved event:
1) Ensure you are logged in to your account
2) Find the event you wish to book for and click Book Now
3) If you had added the Wheelchair tag to your account (see above), you will see a WC symbol,
this is the WC space that is available for you to book
4) If you have also added the Personal Assistant required tag, a star will appear next to the WC
space, this is the seat available for your companion.
5) Select these 2 spaces and add into your basket
6) Using the dropdown options, change one ticket to the Disabled option and the other to the
Personal Assistant option.
7) Click Continue
8) You will now see that the Personal Assistant ticket has been reduced to £0.00
9) Proceed to checkout and complete your order
To book for an unreserved event:
1) Ensure you are logged in to your account
2) Go to the event you wish to book for
3) Click Book Now
4) Enter the number of relevant tickets you require.
5) If you require a Personal Assistant ticket and have this tag applied to your account, this will
be discounted to £0.00 if added into the basket with a Disabled ticket.
If you require assistant updating your account, please telephone Bath Box Office who will be able to
assist you: 01225 463362.
If you need to collect your ticket on the day, the Box Office will be open in the venue one hour prior to the event.
Upon arriving at the venue, staff and stewards wearing festival lanyards will be happy to help guide you to your seat and any other facilities.
We are happy to provide early entrance options if audience members need to avoid crowds. Please contact the Access Officer by phone 01225 614180.
We welcome audience members who need to bring medicines, food or drink to manage a medical condition, or medical equipment.
A first aider will be on hand in each venue. In an emergency please contact a steward who will proceed to contact the first aider or emergency services immediately.
Please contact our Access Officer on 01225 614180 if you have any questions regarding medical requirements.
Access to Performances
Most of our venues offer hearing loops and admit registered assistance dogs. Please see individual venue information for more details.
We are happy to book British Sign Language interpreters for events if required. Please contact the Access Officer on 01225 614180 at least two weeks prior to the event.
We do not offer captioning, audio description and relaxed performances at the present time.
If you have needs that have not been addressed in this guide please contact our Access Officer on 01225 614180 and they will be happy to help.