PR Officer Role (part-time)
Bath Festivals is looking for an ambitious PR Officer to join the Bath Festivals team.
ROLE: PR officer
Part time: 22.5 hours per week
SALARY: £25,500 per annum, pro rata
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Marketing and Development
Bath Festivals brings some of the finest international musicians, speakers and writers to entertain audiences in the beautiful venues and spaces of the world heritage city of Bath.
Our festivals bring the city alive with a celebration of the arts. It is an exciting time to join our small team as we build on our 70 year heritage to put Bath on the map as one of the top three festival cities in the UK.
- You have an enthusiasm for the arts, in particular music and/or literature
- You have at least 2 years experience in a PR role (preferably events or the arts)
- You are a strong communicator, both in person and in writing with a proven record and great contacts
- You can manage your working time and multitask sometimes under pressure
- You can prioritise your workload, meeting strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- You enjoy working in a team, and contribute energy, creativity and enthusiasm
- You have the ability to work on own initiative, taking a pro-active approach to work
- You recognise that working out of hours as required is necessary
- You will be able to make regular meetings in the Festival office in Bath
Regional and National PR for Bath Festivals, working on the literature and music strands of the programme, reporting to the Head of Marketing and Development.
- To ensure the consistency of tone, language and personality of The Bath Festival, Bath Children’s Literature Festival and Bath Festivals Creative Learning programme, whilst communicating the architecture of the Bath Festivals brand family in all press releases.
As well as reporting to the Head Development and Marketing, liaise regularly with:
- Head of Literature Programming
- Creative Directors of Bath Children’s Literature Festival
- Literature Producer
- Classical Music Consultant
- Jazz, Folk and World Music Programming Consultants
You will also work closely with the Marketing & Sales Officer.
- Create a PR plan for The Bath Festival and Bath Children’s Literature Festival, working alongside the Head of Marketing and Development.
- Use contacts with national press to ensure that The Bath Festival, The Bath Finale Weekend and Bath Children’s Literature Festival appear in national and regional festival guides and festival listings, sell-in story ideas and interviews, set-up interviews, respond to journalist alerts for content across all media platforms – print, online, radio, T.V.
- Further strengthen current media contacts and introduce new media contacts to Bath Festivals, providing contact details for our in-house database.
- Feedback any opportunities for future media partnerships.
- Promptly manage any sensitive PR situations professionally, in collaboration with the Head of Marketing and Development.
- Record the reach (circulation and online engagement) of each piece of coverage, providing press cuttings.
- Produce weekly reports during festival periods working alongside the Marketing & Sales Officer.
- Reach out to high-profile journalists and encourage them to attend The Bath Festival and Bath Children’s Literature Festival for review purposes and/or to build a relationship with Bath Festivals. To accompany these journalists to events.
- Create a PR report after each festival, listing all the coverage achieved, providing cuttings and calculating the total reach (by strand). A template for this report will be available.
- Create a sheet of quotes and testimonials from journalists, editors and presenters and artists from press coverage achieved.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Eleanor Household Head of Marketing and Development: Eleanor.firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st January 2019.