Find Your Happy at the Happiness Hub 2023!
Come and find your happy place!
The Happiness Hub is BACK for 2023! Bigger, better and brighter than ever with LOADS of activities to help us all explore what makes us happy.
Bath Children’s Literature Festival has once again teamed up with The Egg Theatre to open Bath’s official Happiness Hub! For two days, on Saturday 30 September and Sunday 1 October, young people and their families are invited to drop into The Egg and take part in an array of FREE fun, creative and uplifting activities.
- Spread your wings! Help create a dazzling giant butterfly mural with brilliant author and illustrator team, Lucy Reynolds and Jenna Herman, the dynamic duo behind the joyful picture book We Are Family – they will be on hand to help you add lots of colour to the beautiful flutter filling the walls of The Egg. Then spread your wings of happiness and pose for a fantastic photo in front of your creation! You can also make your own butterfly wishes and add them to the happiness wishing tree.
- Fold our city! You are invited to create a huge origami model city inspired by our amazing city and community. Drop in whenever you like, create your own origami house, car, Bath landmark or happy place and be part of this evolving installation. Templates with instructions are provided for all ages and abilities. This drop-in activity runs on Saturday 30 September from 11.00–16.00.
- Meet a mermaid! Back by popular demand, Hannah the Mermaid will be stopping by for a special visit from 12.00–13.00 on Saturday, with music, stories and games from under the sea.
- Dance yourself happy! Bust a move with the AMAZING Cheryl Sprinkler from Mojo Moves, who is bringing her own special brand of high-energy, feel-good dance workouts to the Happiness Hub, with pop-up dance parties throughout the day on Sunday 1 October – just try and resist dancing along!
- Write a Happy Headline! Pick up a free copy of The Happy Newspaper – the newspaper that celebrates all that is good in the world. Share your own positive news stories and create your own happy headline!
All this PLUS… drop your troubles into the worry jar, relax with some free colouring activities or a story or two in the chill-out area, and enjoy some bespoke Happiness Hub treats from our friends at the Yolk Café!
An all-day FREE event, the Happiness Hub will be open from 10am – 4pm on Saturday 30 September and Sunday 1 October. Activity timings may vary.
All welcome. Children must be accompanied.More news