We are delighted that The Bath Festival Finale Weekend can go ahead this summer. In line with Government advice, please see enclosed our Covid-19 regulations for the event so all those attending can enjoy a fantastic weekend of music, food, and drink confident in the knowledge that all possible measures have been put in place to ensure the safety of not only those at the event but the wider public at large.
We cannot wait to see you on the 7/8th August!
Please read the following information carefully
To attend the event this year you will need to present ONE of the following three items:
1) A Negative Lateral Flow Test
within 48 hours of attending, providing email/text confirmation as proof. This applies to anyone over the age of 12 and applies to each day of the festival This proof can be gained by reporting the lateral flow test results at www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
a. Lateral flow tests are free of charge and are very easy to carry out on yourself and others. They can be ordered online here www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
b. Alternatively, if you live in the Bath area, they are bookable at local testing sites, information can be found here beta.bathnes.gov.uk/rapid-test, or in person from most local Pharmacies
c. It is very important that you get tested in advance as we will have no testing facilities on site.
2) A Covid Pass Certificate
Proof of double vaccination, with the 2nd dose received at least 14 days before the event. Available on the NHS App or as a paper certificate.
a. Further information on the NHS Covid Pass (for double vaccinated) is available here www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/
b. If you are from outside England or are unable to use the app you can go online and order a Covid Pass certificate here covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/ to display upon entry.
3) Proof of Immunity from PCR test
Have proof of immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of the festival (including 10 days self-isolation following the result) and recorded in the Covid-19 App or text/email proof. NHS Covid-19 app
a. It is quick and easy to download the App, you can find details here www.covid19.nhs.uk/
If you develop any symptoms of Covid-19, test positive or are advised via the NHS to self-isolate, please do not attend the event. If you test positive in a Lateral Flow test, please seek a PCR test to verify your result.
Other ways we are ensuring your safety
• To assist with track and trace we will also be displaying QR code signage for you to check in at key entry points and around the site.
• To ensure your safety, we will also be introducing additional hygiene protocols within the event site including freely available hand sanitiser points, more frequent cleaning of surfaces and touchpoints as well as additional cleaning of toilets and hand washing stations in the vicinity of the toilet blocks. We have also altered the design of the site, so the movement and flow of people are greatly improved as well as entry and egress protocols.
• The good news is this is an outdoor event, and it is proven that transmission is significantly reduced in outdoor settings.
• In addition to those mitigations above, we are also putting in place stringent Covid Rules for all our staff, crew, and vendors on site.
• Whilst travelling to the event, if you are on public transport or in crowded areas you can help yourself and others by wearing a face covering.
• When queuing outside the venue please also consider wearing a face covering and give your fellow attendees plenty of space if it is possible to do so.
We are so happy that you will be able to come out and enjoy what promises to be a fantastic weekend with us. Please be patient, helpful and kind to your fellow festival goers, we are all in this together!
We hope that in putting in place these mitigations you can attend the event with full confidence you will be comfortable and safe.
We will continue to make updates as they occur, so please keep an eye on the Bath Festival website, as well as your emails and social media.
The Bath Festival Finale Weekend team.