Bath Festivals has a committed and skilled permanent staff and a record of high quality national and international achievement in the arts.
The company directly promotes The Bath Festival and Children’s Literature festival (and associated education work), with the Children’s Literature Festival currently under the artistic directorship of John and Gill McLay, music under David Jones and James Waters and Alex Clark – Director of words and literature.
As a publicly funded body, the company recruits members of the board of 13 trustees/directors by open application and a selection process designed to ensure an effective and balanced membership of skills and interests.
The Board is chaired by John Cullum who served as High Sheriff of Somerset 2011-12, is a trustee of the Quartet Social Community Foundation and is currently Chair of the Royal United Hospital‘s Forever Friends Appeal.
BATH FESTIVALS STAFF
- Ian Stockley: Chief Executive
Development and Marketing
- Eleanor Household: Head of Marketing & Development
- Vicki Cheadle: Press and PR
- Holly Stocker: Marketing Assistant
- John and Gill McLay: Artistic Directors, The Bath Children’s Literature Festival
- James Waters and David Jones: Artistic Directors of Music, The Bath Festival
- Alex Clark: Director of Words and Literature, The Bath Festival
- Judith Robinson: Head of Programming
- Kate Hall: Head of Production
- Elysia Collins: Festival Administrator
- Hazel Plowman: Head of Creative Learning
- Sarah Platt: Finance Director
- Rebecca Wheeler: Finance Officer
- Chair: John Cullum DL
- Celia Mead
- David Bates
- Kevin Brown
- James Drummond
- Will Gregory
- Councillor Paul Myers
- Chris Rogers
- Denise Coughlan
- David Taraskevics
- Stephen Taylor
- Richard Turner CMG OBE
- Charles Brooke