We’re Hiring! Bath Festivals Development Officer Advert
BATH FESTIVALS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Bath Festivals are looking for an individual with an interest in arts marketing to support the Development and Membership team with corporate and trust applications, donor recruitment and cultivation, event management and administration. We are a charity that connects the community through the power of the arts. Building on our heritage, we put on over 300 events every year. We attract creative and ideas people to Bath. We inspire and empower children and young people who don’t have access to the arts. We create employment and bring in visitors to boost the economy. All this makes the city a more exciting place to live, work in and visit. By 2022 we aspire to be one of the top 3 festival cities in the UK, taking innovative, relevant and standout programming into the communities, in addition to widening engagement of the communities from improving access to events staged in the stunning buildings, venues and spaces in our world heritage city. You will need to have an eye for detail, brilliant creative and organisational skills and bags of enthusiasm. You will need to be motivated by a fast-paced work environment.
Part-Time position (3 days per week)
salary FTE equivalent of £17,500
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
To support the Development and Membership team with corporate and trust applications, donor recruitment and cultivation, event management and administration.
To support the Development team in maintaining and increasing Bath Festivals’ fundraising income.
1. Production, editing and design of presentation material for supporters and potential supporters, such as letters; sponsorship packs; tailored lists of festival events; special event flyers; website, e-newsletters and PowerPoint presentations
2. Updating databases, spreadsheet and paper records relating to supporters, corporate, individuals and trusts for any new or updated contact information, financial details, useful background data and donation history
3. Working with the Chairs of the Patrons’ Committee, take responsibility for the administration of the Patrons and Friends of Bath Festivals’ membership schemes
4. Researching potential supporters (individual, corporate and trusts) from online and other published sources and filtering results for key prospects
5. Drafting sponsorship contracts
6. Drafting supporter letters, mail merge and dispatch where appropriate
7. Arranging supporter events to include: managing guest list, venue hire, catering, entertainment, producing name labels, etc
8. Coordinating sponsor requirements at festivals e.g. arranging delivery/distribution of sponsors’ banners/literature, managing sponsors’ ticket requirements, ensuring logos and promotional videos are received from sponsors, arranging sponsor receptions etc
9. Attendance at supporter events: setting up and clearing at the venue and being hospitable and attentive with supporters, media and other interested parties
10. Pro-active suggestions for improving existing and new supporter schemes or avenues for fundraising for the company and its activities
11. To provide general administrative support to the Development department
12. Monitoring, measuring, analysing and reporting on development activity, including membership schemes, sponsorship trends, cultivation events e.g. collating statistics for sponsors’ post-festival reports
13. Supporting the Chief Executive, the Head of Development, Head of Outreach and Creative Learning, Joint Chairs of the Patrons’ Committee in the management of customer and client relationships and donor care
14. Organising meetings and researching networking events
15. Coordinating merchandise sales at the festivals, and assisting with developing strategy for increasing merchandise income
16. Supporting and feeding into the strategic and technical planning of future fundraising campaigns
17. General assistance in festivals and other events as determined from time to time
18. To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post that shall from time to time be determined by the Head of Development
Please email your C.V. and cover letter to Ian Stockley: email@example.com
Closing date is Friday 13th December 2019.
Interviews will be held the week beginning 16th December 2019.