WIN the chance to be a Junior Journalist at this autumn’s Bath Children’s Literature Festival
How would you like to meet your favourite authors face-to-face and go backstage at Europe’s largest kids’ book festival?
We’re looking for three talented young people to win one of THREE places as Junior Journalists at this year’s festival.
WHO CAN ENTER
Those aged between seven and 17 can enter, there are three age groups in the competition:
- 7 – 9
- 9 – 11
- 12 and over.
If you are 9 before September 1 2021, you qualify for the 9 to 11 age category, if your ninth birthday is after September 1 2021, you should enter the 7 to 9 age group.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Simply write us a review of your favourite book in no more than 200 words and why you would recommend it.
- Send your entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the DEADLINE of Wednesday 8 September and don’t forget to include your name, age, address and email contact.
- You’ll also need to be available with an adult for the weekend of Sat 25 and Sun 26 September and/or the weekend of Sat 2 and Sun 3 October to attend the Bath Children’s Literature Festival.
WHAT’S THE PRIZE?
- The three chosen Junior Journalists will join our festival team for the festival.
- They’ll get to wear a Junior Journalist lanyard, to attend a number of events (to be decided between the winners and the festival organisers) report on those events and to go behind the scenes to meet the visiting authors.
- Reports by Junior Journalists will be posted on the festival website and may be included on the Bath and Wiltshire Parent magazine website.
- Plus there will be a bundle of FREE books to take home at the end of the festival.
Terms and conditions: you will need to have an adult to accompany you to events. The judges will be Bath Festivals staff, all entries will be judged blind and the judges’ decision is final. No cash alternatives will be offered.More news